IIBA® Sydney - From Isolation to Innovation: Effective Communities Practice
The purpose of this presentation is to share our (EndeavourX) experience of setting up a robust and burgeoning BA Practice and a number of Chapters over the last 3 years. Our speakers will walk through their generic and comprehensive Practice Playbook that could be used by anyone looking to set up or mature a practice/chapter. The speakers will cover the following areas:
Agile Practice Playbook – The context
This playbook is a live reference for new adopters of agile chapters / practices, as well as existing practices to mature their ways of working, and it is intended to speak to leaders (tribe, product, agile, tech, practice, chapter leaders etc.), practitioners, coaches, People & Culture, and the team.
Why do we need Practices and Chapters?
- Align your organisation's values and goals to your Practice
- Define your levels of capability
- Capability matrices and practical application
- Roles & responsibilities
- Define your specialisms
- The essentials, ceremonies and operating rhythms
- Continuous improvement
- Engagement model in matrix organisational structure
- Strategic partnerships (Offshore and other capability partnerships, IIBA, etc.)
- Leaving a positive imprint within and beyond the organisation
Practical ways to streamline:
- Learning and development
- Employee satisfaction and retention
- Potential & Performance management
- Career Pathways and Progression
- Where are we going from here?
Join us to
- Learning best practices from ASX 50 company EndeavourX in BA skillset
- Benefits of chapter practices in workplace
- Ramya Palraj, Business Analysis Practice Leader – EndeavourX
- Mike Harris, Chapter Leader – Digital & Technology Enablers BA Chapter
- Megha Satish, Chapter Leader – Digital Ninjas BA Chapter
Ramya currently heads up the Business Analysis Practice at EndeavourX. Her key highlight in her current role is forming a BA chapter with 8 members back in 2020 and growing to a practice of 50+ BAs spread across 4 BA chapters each led by amazing chapter leaders with clear chapter objectives, and united by a common practice vision of ‘Establishing & nurturing a Business Analysis Centre of Excellence as a vital strategic asset to influence positive change within Endeavour and achieve professional goals through expanding possibilities’. With over 18 years of experience in IT, Business Analysis and leadership, Ramya has led a diverse mix of initiatives for companies across multiple industries and has always prioritised passion, fearless critical decision-making, and people-focused behaviour. Ramya believes that you can never stop learning and growing as a person. She aligns passion with purpose, surrounds herself with positivity, and embraces discomfort.
Mike is a Chapter Lead and Senior Business Analyst who heads up the ‘Digital & Technology Enablers’ Business Analysis Chapter at EndeavourX. Mike has spent more time in IT than he cares to remember. He has worked as a developer, development manager, project manager as well as various BA roles. His industry experience ranges from government agencies, health, gaming, consulting, loyalty and retail. Mike's focus now is on becoming a better people leader and mentoring other BAs.
Megha is a Chapter Lead and Senior Business Analyst who heads up the ‘Digital Business Analysis’ Chapter at EndeavourX. She is a seasoned Business Analyst with over a decade of experience in technology across various industries including Banking & Finance, Transport and Retail. A passionate Agile practitioner, and a results-oriented leader, she is committed to driving innovation, fostering collaboration, and delivering high-quality solutions. As Chapter Lead, she plays a crucial role in ensuring that the business analysis function operates effectively, efficiently, and consistently, while keeping the customer at the centre of everything we do.