Become a Volunteer for our Chapter
IIBA is committed to establishing a culture of service, innovation and accountability by creating a network of volunteers to support our global outreach to the Business Analysis community through local Chapters.
Current Open Roles
None. (updated 05 June 2019)
Submit Your Expression of Interest
The IIBA Australia Chapter invites your expressions of interest (EOI) to join and support us in providing our services to our members and community. Chapter volunteering is activity and capacity based. In addition to completing this form, you are strongly encouraged to get involved by attending Chapter events held in your local city.
(external link on Google Forms)
Who Can Volunteer?
You can volunteer for IIBA Volunteer Opportunities if you:
- Are willing and able to devote the required time as outlined in each IIBA Volunteer Opportunities
- Meet the requirements as specified in each volunteer opportunity
- Have access to email, the internet.
- Sign the IIBA Volunteer Agreement (external link on Google Forms) which houses our NDA. Depending on the volunteer opportunity, possible additional document may include:
- IIBA Policy and Expectations for Volunteers
- IIBA Conflict of Interest
- IIBA Publication Agreement
- IIBA Copyright Agreement
- All documents must be renewed every two years
In general, it is not a formal requirement for volunteers to be a current IIBA member in good standing. Being a chapter member in good standing is a prerequisite for key roles including Chapter Director and Branch Chair.
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering with IIBA is a member benefit providing you with the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals, to engage in creative work to promote your profession and to support IIBA in their initiatives.
As an IIBA volunteer, you will:
- Make great professional contacts
- Explore and develop your knowledge and skills
- Develop your leadership skills
- Actively participate in the Business Analysis profession
- Contribute to the development and future growth of IIBA
- Earn CDU's. Volunteer hours can be used for Certification of Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®) or Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®)
- Provide a channel to the local community by supporting personal relationships with IIBA members
- Provide that personalized touch to local practitioners and keeps the international organization appraised of local realities
- Are united in delivering the local representation of IIBA brand
- Serve as evangelists to the larger community, helping to promote IIBA and our mission.
It is our vision to be the global standard for BA certification. To do this we need the help of volunteers around the world. This is an achievable goal if we can create a network of skilled volunteers armed with the knowledge, tools and skills to build self-supporting and sustainable Chapters.
Be a part of that vision - volunteer with your local Chapter. Help unite a community of professionals to create better business outcomes.
Can I Earn Continuing Development Units by Volunteering?
Continuing Development Units (CDUs) may be earned through volunteer service to IIBA or an IIBA Chapter and/or by providing volunteer business analysis services to a non-employer community or charitable groups.
Category 5: Volunteer Service to Professional or Community Organizations (Maximum of 30 CDUs per cycle)
It is up to the CBAP® recipient to keep track of their own CDUs and submit them when they are up for recertification under category 5 in the CBAP® Recertification Handbook.
IIBA Volunteer Community
Join the IIBA Volunteer Community to:
- Share best practices, templates and your innovative ideas
- Recognize a fellow volunteer
- Share the positive impact your volunteer contributions have made
- Make a difference in the BA community both locally and globally